Pretreatment Coating - Carbide tool
The characteristics of processing before coating
1) By removing very near the surface followed by cleaning, it is possible to remove all kinds of dirt such as mold release materials, oil, oxidized articles which are adhered on the surface of the machinery tools and mold.
2) By grinding surface layer, bare base material is exposed uniformly.
Problems of conventional processing method
|1. Cleaning process||2. Process flow of roughening and grinding|
・It is necessary to choose which chemicals to use, for different types of dirt, such as oil, oxidized film, and mold release.
・Solidly adhered dirt cannot be completely taken off.
・Liquid management and safety control is difficult for density and temperature.
・Worsening operation environment due to use of chemicals.
・Difficulty of processing three-dimensional shape.
・Difficulty of automation due to brushes worn down.
・Possibility of residues of polishing materials remaining on the surface.
・Difficulty of small rounding because of non-applicable of small sized polishing materials.
Solutions (Features of wet-blasting technology are…)
- Perfect cleaning can be made as it removes every single dirt made of various materials by grinding off the surface in sub-microns level.
- It is environmentally friendly due to non-chemical and physical cleaning method being applied.
- Uniform cleaning can be made as micro-particles are processed along with surface topography
- Loose abrasive processing makes no-scratches on the objects.
- No thermal deformation occurs on the objects since their surface is processed along with water cooling.
- There are no residues or adhered dirt remains as water washes them off while cleaning.
Example of applications and products
[Example of applications]
- ・Post-cleaning of PVD such as ion-plating and spattering.
- ・Pre-cleaning for plasma CVD
- Throw-away tip
- Endmill etc.
Wet Blasting equipment for carbide tool treatment (RBI-105)
Automatic processing cell for surface treatment of small parts placed in the cartridge holder. Function that clamps work piece set in the cartridge holder and transfers it to blasting stage for processing and then returns it to the original position.
|Work size||Inscribed circle : φ10～16mm|
Thickness : 3.2～4.8mm
|Gun||Mini-velo Gun 6x12mm ×2|
|Gun Driving||X-axis : 200mm|
|Work Chuck||Air-chuck cylinder method|
|Power supply||AC200V, 50/60Hz, 3 phases|
|Power consumption||About 2.5kW (Total rated apparent power of all the cell)|
|Air supply pressure||0.5MPa or more, 0.7MPa and below|
|Air consumption||1.6m3/min (NTP at 0.25 MPa of preset blast air pressure)|
|Option||Sludge Recovery unit|