small lot and compact cold forging pre-treatment line (WLS)
What is Wet-blast Lubricant System?
Integrated Line by Lubricant Coating and Wet-blast
WLS for pre-treatment of precise cold-forging billet
The new equipment "WLS" is coming! Environment-responsive and suitable for global production. WLS is a compact treatment equipment without damaging or denting a billet in precise cold-forging process from pre-treatment to applying lubricant.
Process flow of precise cold-forging billet
|Work size||Diameter : 25-40mm|
Length : 30-70mm
|Gun||1/2 in. Long Blast Gun x 2|
|Power supply||AC200V, 50/60Hz, 3 phases|
|Power consumption||Approx. 23.2kW (Total rated apparent power of all the cell)|
|Air supply pressure||0.5MPa or more, 0.7MPa and below|
|Air consumption||4.1m3/min (NTP at 0.4 MPa of preset blast air pressure)|
The system WLS (Wet Blast Lubricant System) that our company offers has the characteristics which are stated below.
- 1) Compact process line by largely reducing ordinary processes.
- 2) High space‐productivity
- 3) Higher throughput
Compared with ordinary processing
There were several problems of the ordinary processing method before forging such as increase in rejection rate due to process separation, reduction of spatial usability and increase in in-process stock. WLS removes scale, degreases and cleans dirt by wet-blasting at the same time and then applies lubricants coating directly.
Effects of Wet blast
- 1) Surface forming that is suitable for solid lubricant coating.
- 2) Cleaning dirt and grease.
- 3) Removal of scale.
Why can the solid lubricant be coated neatly?
The surface after wet-blasting is completely cleaned and degreased. Because of enhanced wettability and durability achieved by micro-surface roughness, uniform coating of solid lubricants can be made.
When the surface is flat, the surface tension is working and the droplet shrinks.
The fine uneven surface prevents the droplet movement (shrinks).
Abrasives for forging process “GH0.10-0.20”
- Name : GH0.10-0.20
- Material : High hardened stainless steel
- Shaoe : Grit shape
- Hardness : HV750 (Cutwire SUS304 is around HV200)
- It has 1.5 times more cutting ability power than the original abrasives (Alumina abrasives of ceramics series). *Figure 1
- Abrasion and consumption are extremely small, due to hard particles. *Figure 2
- Waste amount can be decreased more than 10 times, compared to original abrasives.
- Retrieve it by using an iron powder collection equipment, and do away with it as valuables.
Processing power of special stainless abrasives. -Figure 1
- Processing conditions
- Work piece : Stainless steel
- Air pressure : 0.2MPa