How to completely remove impurities from complex-shaped carbide tools
Coating pretreatment by wet blasting
Bonding pretreatment by wet blasting that completely removes impurities such as grinding sludges and releasing agents that adhere to the surface of carbide tools used for NC lathe machining to enhance the adhesion of coatings.
The characteristics of processing before coating (Ultra-cleansing power)
- By removing very near the surface followed by cleaning, it is possible to remove all kinds of dirt such as mold release materials, oil, oxidized articles which are adhered on the surface of the machinery tools and mold.
- By grinding surface layer, bare base material is exposed uniformly.
Problems of conventional processing method
|Cleaning process||Process flow of roughening and grinding|
|[Chemical]||[Physical polishing]||[Dry Blast]|
Solutions (Features of wet-blasting technology are…)
- Perfect cleaning can be made as it removes every single dirt made of various materials by grinding off the surface in sub-microns level.
- It is environmentally friendly due to non-chemical and physical cleaning method being applied.
- Uniform cleaning can be made as micro-particles are processed along with surface topography
- Loose abrasive processing makes no-scratches on the objects.
- No thermal deformation occurs on the objects since their surface is processed along with water cooling.
- There are no residues or adhered dirt remains as water washes them off while cleaning.
Example of applications and products
|[Example of applications]||Examples of applicable products|